Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wensday's Words: Elsie Dinsmore

This Wednesday we are going to start a new tradition every Wednesday we will have a book review. Molly here absolutely loves the Elsie series so I thought she would really enjoy starting us off. -Melissa

The Elsie Dinsmore Series is a wonderful series for Christian young ladies to read.  This fictional series follows the life of a southern heiress (Elsie Dinsmore) before,during, and after the American Civil War.  This series pursues Elsie as she grows up, marries, and becomes a grandmother.  It is twenty-eight books long, but is neither a cliff-hanger, nor are the books very long.  It is also encouraging in your walk with the Lord.  I own and have read books one through fourteen.  I assure you that this is a series moms will love.  I  would not recommend it for younger girls, though, only because they might find it dry in parts.  These books are a timeless classic, though  I would recommend that you read the original, as they are much(can you tell that I really think that?:) )better than the abridged.  My favorite character is Violet, but you will not read about her until several books in.  Did I mention that I also like the character named Molly?  :))))))
Your Dedicated Friend,
Molly
P.S.  If you get really into the Elsie Dinsmore Series, try reading some other books by Martha Finley:  The Mildred Keith series. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that series! It really makes me want to go live in those times.

    ReplyDelete