Thursday, October 6, 2011

House preparations

John14 1-3
    "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

This passage acurred to me and Mom in a new way recently, but first let me give you some backround. We have recently been finishing our basement, which was basically a cement floor and brick walls. So we were putting in everything drywalls, cuboards, carpet, flooring, lighting, anything we wanted ( and could afford :). We did hire a contrator to oversee the work, but even still we spent hours at Lowes, and Home Depot comparing prices and choosing what  we wanted exactly. Several times as well as we bought things like showers, cupboards, sinks, and tiles, we had to carry those things in to the basement...are you getting my point? It was alot of work.

Thankfully it has been completed now, but the other day as Mom and I were talking she shared something that I thought was pretty cool. She said that all the basement work made her think of how much work it would be to build and create a house from scratch and that she could never do it.( Are you seeing how this relates to the verse above? )It accured to Mom that this is what God does for us. He has gone to prepare a place for us. When we go to heaven it will be all ready! What a blessing! He is so thoughtful. So just think what a great job he is doing, afterall He's perfect, and you don't have to lift a finger.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! It sounds like hard work though. But it helps us to realize how thoughtful God is of us.

    ReplyDelete